It seems I can’t get enough of Key West. After a conch crazy bar hopping weekend with some great Castaways only two weeks ago, the southern most island is again my destination in less than two weeks time. On October the 26th I’ll be jumping aboard the Key West Express ferry to photograph the Fantasy Fest Captain Morgan Grand Finale Parade. Just can’t get enough of that funky little island!
Anyone want to join me?!
The Key West Express is doing something special the Saturday of the Grand Finale Parade. The boat normally departs Fort Myers Beach at 8:30am and then departs Key West at 6:00pm for its return trip back to Fort Myers Beach. But on Saturday the 26th the Key West Express will be running a special Captain Morgan Grand Finale Parade Cruise. On the 26th the boat will depart Fort Myers beach at 10:00am and then depart Key West that at midnight!
This special cruise time will give anyone who wants to take the ferry down the opportunity to catch all the festivities of the Grand Finale Parade! Feel free to dress up for the cruise, they just ask that no body paint be worn on the boat.
Fantasy Fest is October 18th to the 27th and is the biggest yearly party that Key West throws. Join thousands of people as the celebrate with body painting, parties and parades; making Fantasy Fest THE place to be in October. I’ve asked people whom have been to both Mardi Gras and Fantasy Fest to compare the two, the answer surprised me. I was told that Fantasy Fest in Key West is more fun and the crowd of party goers is a lot better than the famous New Orleans Mardi Gras.
If you’ve been to both leave me a comment below and let me know your thoughts.
This year’s Fantasy Fest theme is Superheros, Villians & Beyond! This will be my first Fantasy Fest experience, so I’m sure I’m in for a wild ride. I’ll be posting live photos of the event on the RumShopRyan Facebook page and Twitter feed. Then of course I’ll have a bunch of photos and stories to share once I’ve return…safely.
Tell us about your Fantasy Fest experience. What should I expect?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page