After one sip, you’ll be car surfing down Seven Mile Bridge.
I have several weaknesses. By several I mean dozens (conservative estimate). I have a weakness for Caribbean travel obviously, but also long legged pirate girls, most shiny objects, flip flops, baseball caps, and pretty rum bottles. When it comes to rum cocktails, those weaknesses include the flavors of coconut, banana and the color blue. Yes, I like blue rum drinks. It’s my favorite color, so why not.
Blue Curacao is used to give cocktails that distinctive blue color, but honestly I couldn’t tell you what it even tastes like. I have a bottle in the kitchen but I can’t say I’ve ever really tasted Blue Curacao by itself. (Pause) Okay, I just tasted it solo style for the first time. Umm yeah, it’s meant to be a mixer. Can’t really describe what it tastes like, blue syrup with a hint of orange maybe. I don’t know, my tastebuds are about as good as my sense smell…no bueno.
So in lieu of this weakness for the color blue, today’s Boat Drink recipe is called the Cruzan Blue Latitude. The cocktail uses the recently taste tested Blue Curacao and of course Cruzan Rum. Once mixed correctly, the drink will have a beautiful blue/green/yellow look to it, like the picture above. Shall we do some mixing?
The Cruzan Blue Latitude Drink Recipe
- 1 part Cruzan Orange Rum
- 1 part Blue Curacao
- 1 part orange juice
- 1 part lemon-lime soda
Mixing Instructions: Pour Cruzan Orange Rum and Blue Curacao in a tall glass over ice, fill with orange juice and top with lemon-lime soda. Raise glass and toast.
What do you have a weakness for when it comes to cocktails? Is it spiced rums, is it coconut, is it nutmeg? Leave a comment below and tell us what you most enjoy in your boat drinks. Bonus points for something blue!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page