Heros, Villians, and Beyond — that was the theme for the 2013 Key West Fantasy Fest celebration. This was my first trip down to the event and it was a whirlwind 36 hour trip that was well worth it.
Shawn from Coastlines & Tanlines joined me for the adventure, we hopped the speedy Key West Express ferry south and arrived the day of the Captain Morgan Grand Finale Parade. We met up with Carl, the other half of Coastlines & Tanlines, at the Tailhook Rum Bar for a liquid appetizer. Soon after we made the short walk to the waterfront for a hardy lunch at Half Shell Raw Bar. The Grouper sandwich and Oyster Shooter was fantastic! Cheers BigKahuna!
After lunch we headed back to Carl’s place to try on our costumes and relax before the parade. Below is a photo tour the 36 hour Fantasy Fest experience.
2013 Key West Fantasy Fest
Ahhh Key West, it never disappoints. I have a lot more to share about this trip and am putting together a video right now that should be ready soon.
Do you have a Fantasy Fest story to share? Tell us about your experience!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page