Rockers Movement is proud to announce the return of Miami Reggae Festival at Coconut Grove, FL’s Peacock Park on Saturday, November 23rd. The 4th annual event will showcase a global mix of notable reggae musicians, including headlining artist Stephen “Ragga” Marley. Miami Reggae Festival aims to highlight the power of word, sound and art at its day-long event and will donate a portion of all ticket proceeds to TECHO, a local non-profit.
At Miami Reggae Festival, musicians from around the world will treat music lovers to a full day of international sounds. Joining Jamaican reggae progeny Stephen Marley on the lineup are Tiken Jah Fakoly from Africa’s Ivory Coast, Cultura Profética from Puerto Rico, Natiruts from Brazil, Midnite from St. Croix USVI, Gondwana from Chile, Black Slate & Carroll Thompson from the United Kingdom, Bachaco from Venezuela and Causion from Antigua. The event also features DJ performances from Don One Musical Showcase, Cornerstone Sounds & DJ Majestic plus MC Lance O of Kulcha Shok Muzik.
“The festival aims to inspire people to give of themselves to help make the world a better place in which to live,” says event founder Alfonso D’Niscio Brooks of local advocacy-minded promoter Rockers Movement. “We’re accomplishing this task through cross-cultural immersion by spreading art and music while offering humanitarian aid. ”
South Florida is a melting pot of cultures and Rockers Movement is dedicated to presenting an event that is reflective of Miami’s diverse community. Miami Reggae Festival is a family friendly event featuring an artisan village of visual arts and handicrafts; various culinary vendors; an “Artecology Experience,” offering interactive games for kids about sustainability, healthy living seminars and workshops, including AEROGA ® Yoga in the Park, meditation, and dance; plus drum sessions, a bike valet, and so much more.
Tickets for Miami Reggae Festival are currently on sale and can be purchased online and through various South Florida locations. General admission tickets are $45; VIP tickets are $75 and include access to a VIP lounge with private bathrooms. Kids 12 and younger are free when accompanied by a paid adult. In the spirit of unity and service, Miami Reggae Festival is offering free admission before 3 pm to all attendees who contribute two or more non-perishable food items.
Rockers Movement will donate a portion of the proceeds from ticket sales to TECHO – a youth led non-profit organization at work in 19 countries including Latin American and the Caribbean. Through the joint work of families living in extreme hardship and youth volunteers, TECHO seeks to overcome poverty. “Rockers Movement will amplify our message and continue to scream that Miami is committed to overcoming poverty,” says Nicolas Berardi, US CEO of TECHO. To date, the organization has mobilized more than half a million youth volunteers and built over 3,000 houses for families living in Latin American slums. www.techo.org/us
Miami Reggae Festival is made possible with the support of the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.
WHAT: Miami Reggae Festival
WHEN: Saturday, November 23rd, 2013
WHERE: Peacock Park – Coconut Grove, FL
TICKETS: General Admission $45/ VIP $75/ Children under 12 FREE
Entry is FREE for all attendees before 3 p.m. with minimum of 2 cans food donation.
South Florida outlets – http://www.rockersmovement.
Online – https://tickets.
FESTIVAL WEBSITE: http://www.rockersmovement.
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page