Spiderman, Batman, Wolverine, Pirates, Zombies and just about anything else you can think of was lined up to catch a glimpse of the Key West Fantasy Fest Captain Morgan Grand Finale Parade. The theme was Heroes, Villains and Beyond–I’m pretty sure I saw a lot of “beyond” wandering the streets of Key West during this epic event.
As promised here is a short video of the 36 hour whirlwind trip to Key West to see and participate in the spectacle that is Fantasy Fest. You’ll see myself and Shawn from Coastlines & Tan Lines hop the Key West Express ferry from Ft. Myers Beach, we arrived in Key West a short 3 1/2 hours later ready for the Fantasy Fest fun! The video is put to the music of Pirate Sessions and their song titled “Gettin Down in a Pirate Town.” It seemed only appropriate for a crazy island like this.
2013 Key West Fantasy Fest Parade
The Grand Finale Parade was a great experience and I’m already looking forward to next year’s Fantasy Fest. Maybe next time around I’ll spend more than just a day and half on island and taken in the other events that happen during the week.
What is your favorite part of Key West Fantasy Fest?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page