After one sip, you won’t need a Caribbean island to warm you up.
It’s almost time to set the table for Thanksgiving and no table would be complete without a smooth rum drink. Our friends at Cruzan Rum invite you to give thanks with a cocktail that encompasses all of the warm flavors of the holiday – the Cruzan Maple Leaf.
Cruzan’s Don’t Hurry attitude fully embraces the laid-back Caribbean island lifestyle we all love. Taking their time to age and craft fine rums like the Cruzan Estate Diamond Dark Rum which is used in today’s Boat Drink recipe. This full-flavored, full-bodied rum is perfect for sipping slowly and creating interesting cocktails like the Cruzan Maple Leaf. Thirsty yet?
Cruzan Maple Leaf Cocktail Recipe
- 2 parts Cruzan Estate Diamond Dark Rum
- 1/2 part Maple Syrup (4 parts dark syrup; 1 part water)
- 4 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 dashes Bittermens Apple Bitters
Mixing Instructions: Stir ingredients over ice and pour in an old fashioned glass over a large ice cube. Scrape fresh cinnamon on top as garnish.
As always, let me know if you mix this cocktail up. I think it will be a delicious cocktail to go with your Thanksgiving day spread.
Cheers to a great Thanksgiving cocktail!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page