After one sip, you’ll lose all your hair and go Caribbean crazy!
Let me start off by saying I didn’t create this drink, my ego is not so out of control that I started naming drinks, islands, or God knows what else after myself. That’s just not my style, I much rather pass the credit to Caribbean Castaways like you.
Yes, today’s Boat Drink recipe is called the RumShopRyan, but it was created by Castaway Mixologist Jeremy McDaniel. I’d like to thank Jeremy for all the cocktail creations and rum “research” he has done, the man knows how to make a good Boat Drink!
Jeremy has been a RSR reader for a few years now, and in that time he has learned some of things I go bonkers for when it comes to drinks. Sometimes a get a little carried away when it comes to certain ingredients, you’ll see them show up fairly often when I’m creating new recipes for you guys. Some of those ingredients are things like Coconut Water, Blue Curacao, Blue Chair Bay Rum, Mount Gay Rum, banana and lime flavors. Last week Jeremy decided to take a lot of those ingredients and combine them into one cocktail, calling it the RumShopRyan.
Let’s see what he came up with shall we!
The RumShopRyan Cocktail Recipe
- 1oz Mount Gay Eclipse (wouldn’t be rum shop w/out a Bajan rum!)
- 1/2oz Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced (another Bajan beauty and a favorite of RSR!)
- 1/2oz Blue Curaçao (favorite color)
- 2oz simply orange w/banana (favorite flavor)
- 1oz Coconut Water (another favorite flavor!)
- Splash lime juice
- Two dashes angostura orange bitters
Mixing Instructions: Shake all with cracked ice, strain over ice and dust with cinnamon and nutmeg. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you mix this cocktail at home and what you thought of it!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page