Feel like sipping on some world class rum in the Bahamas? Yeah, me too. The Bahamas will be hosting the first Festival Rum Bahamas February 21-23, 2014. The event will celebrate rum from around the world, along with Bahamian food and culture. The exact location in Nassau or on Paradise Island still being worked out along with the times, but you can be sure that his pirate will be there.
You can keep track of updates on the Festival Rum Bahamas Facebook page.
Alexandra Lynch, the creator of festival Rum Bahamas explains:
“The Bahamas has a lot to offer, more than sun, sand and sea. We wanted to create a festival that showcased aspects of our history that we don’t typically celebrate, piracy, rum-running, and how those past events have given birth to our distinct flavours and a culture of appreciation for the art and beauty of rum making.”
During the three-day festival, visitors will be able to take part in sampling, master classes on rum, cocktail-making competitions, and enjoy Caribbean music and food. Exhibitors will include local and international rum makers, attendees will be able to purchase many of the rums so they can bring the islands back home with them..
“Festival Rum Bahamas is an excellent fit with the tourism product of The Bahamas, it provides yet another compelling reason for visitors to travel to The Bahamas, and it also shines a spotlight on our world class rum, our tantalising cuisine and our cultural craft products.”
Stated Andrea Jackson-Coakley, the marketing partner from the Ministry of Tourism.
Organizers of the festival say that the 2014 Festival Rum Bahamas will offer a unique cultural experience for Bahamians and tourists enjoying the Bahamas. The Operations Director of the newly created event, Catherine Chisnall-Mitchell, added:
“Prepare to eat, to dance and to have three days of purely distilled enjoyment.”
Let me know if you are planning on attending this first ever Festival Rum Bahamas, I’ll be happy to raise a glass of rum with you and toast to the beautiful islands of the Bahamas and the rest of the Caribbean!
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page