Kenny Chesney released his “Spread the Love” video on 12/13/13. Shot during a break on Chesney’s 2013 No Shoes Nation Tour, the video shows Chesney with Barrett, Alvin “Secco” Patterson and the rest of the Wailers Band, as well as capturing Hope House, Tuff Gong Studios and the myriad faces and places on Jamaica. For me the though the singing school children steal the show.
The video opens with a Biblical quote from Psalms, tying its message back to the Boston Marathon bombing: “Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.” Working with the Boston Medical Center, Chesney established the Spread the Love Fund to aid those who needed prosthetic limbs and ongoing post-prosthetic care. He also created a limited edition t-shirt, all proceeds of which go to the STL Fund which have raised close to half a million dollars. To donate to the Fund: www.bmc.org/kenny and t-shirts can still be purchased at for unisex: http://bit.ly/STLtshirt or for girls: http://bit.ly/STLladies
What started as a Wailers’ song that Aston “Family Man” Barrett asked Kenny Chesney to finish has turned into a song of hope, a source of financial support for several amputee victims of the Boston Marathon Bombings and now a video that celebrates the people, life and place that Bob Marley and the Wailers’ music rose from.
“It was important to me to seek the heart of what those men represent,” Chesney says of the clip. “The tremendous love in the Wailers’ music, and hope against often unthinkable odds. In spite of the hardships, Bob Marley was always about hope… and love… and that is what makes this music endure. If this video can give people a glimpse of where it comes from, the things that is made of, then I think we’ve deepened what ‘Spread the Love’ is about, and reminded people of the amazing men who created these songs.”
Chesney chose RollingStone.com to debut the new video, making it the first time he has worked with the storied outlet. It is the second video collaboration with the Wailers Band; the first being the video for his multiple week #1 “Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven.”
RollingStone.com is the home for the exclusive debut for “Spread the Love,” from Chesney’s #1 all genre Top 200 Life On A Rock debut.
What do you think of the new video?
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page