Kenny Chesney and gang released the “Spread The Love” video a couple weeks ago and from what I’ve seen the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
The video shows Chesney with Barrett, Alvin “Secco” Patterson and the rest of the Wailers Band, as well as capturing Hope House, Tuff Gong Studios and the myriad faces and places on the island nation of Jamaica.
Jeremy McDaniel, our Castaway Mixologist, wanted to ride the Spread The Love wave and create a special drink recipe that celebrates Jamaica and the No Shoes Nation that Mr. Chesney has built. The drink is obviously called the Spread The Love and this is what Jeremy had to say about it.
“I LOVE the “Spread the Love” video! It reminds me so much of why Jamaica is and will always be my absolute favorite Caribbean country. To me when you think of Caribbean culture, Jamaica in all aspects represents the region to the world. This boat drink includes two of my Jamaican obsessions, Ting, and Wray and Nephew, along with some of Kenny’s Blue Chair Bay Rum. Enjoy!”
Let’s get to it shall we!
Spread the Love Drink RecipeIndgredients:
- 1 1/2oz Wray and Nephew White Overproof
- 1 1/2oz Ting
- Pineapple-Orange Juice (to fill)
- 1 1/2oz Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
Mixing Instructions: Shake all and strain over ice. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you guys mix this one up. I know Ting can be a little hard to find in some parts of the country, you can substitute it with grapefruit juice and a little carbonated water.
Enjoy the drink and remember to Spread the Love!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page