Oh and lose yourself again.
As the Southern wind sings again an island lullaby.
It’s funny how everything changes when you cross a bridge. On one side you have the 8 lane Interstate Highways, the fast paced go go go life, and the urban sprawl of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Then on the other side you have beach front tiki bars, a relaxed frame of mind, and small town charm.
The world changes when you cross over the bridge and enter the Florida Keys.
Islamorada was the destination for this past weekend. It was a spontaneous trip to see our friends BigKahuna Brewer who decided they need a thaw from the cold Colorado winter. I picked up Shawn of Coastlines & Tan Lines and we headed south into the glorious Florida Keys.
Our friends were staying at the Post Card Inn, formerly Holiday Isles. We made our way to Rum Runners beach bar there at Post Card, that’s when someone said, “Did you know they shot a Zac Brown Band video here?”
I was completely oblivious to this and we pulled up the video on a phone. Sure enough, there was the unique beach bar and we were bellied up to the bar right where the band was standing. I’ll toast to that!
Jump right in? Don’t mind if I do.
I not sure how I didn’t know about this great video. Some things just get lost in the haze of the rum.
Have you been to Rum Runners in Islamorada?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page