Cape Spirits, makers of Wicked Dolphin Silver Rum are making noise early in 2014 by releasing a their very own spiced rum. Wicked Dolphin is made in Cape Coral, Florida–essentially my back yard so I’m excited to taste their new offering. Both Wicked Dolphin Silver and Spiced are available now through Republic National Distributing Company and at the Wicked Dolphin Distillery in Cape Coral.
Cape Spirits has taken their time to thoughtfully develop a Spiced Rum that is distinctively Florida with notes of Florida oranges and honey with a vanilla undertone and a spicy finish. They also added some of their aged rum to the spiced to give it a nice smooth and mature taste.
Their is high hopes for Wicked Dolphin Florida Spiced rum, their hand-crafted silver rum earned a gold award at the 2013 Miami Rum Renaissance Festival, a very nice achievement from such a new rum to the market.
“We really take pride in using as many fresh, Florida ingredients that we can,” says JoAnn Elardo, owner of Wicked Dolphin Florida Rums. “At the distillery, we enjoy a good Rum & Coke so, we are very happy to present our Florida Spiced Rum to our loyal fans because we know that it enhances the traditional Rum & Coke flavor. Our Florida Spiced Rum has a creamy, warm vanilla taste, along with a spicy citrus finish that creates the perfect combination for enhancing a time-honored beverage. We call it a “Wicked Coke.”
Wicked Dolphin Florida Spiced Rum is made with premium Florida sugarcane, blended with fresh-ground spices and local Florida honey and oranges.
I’m planning a trip up to the Cape Spirits in the next week or two to grab a couple bottles of their new spiced rum. Plan on seeing a new boat drink recipe using this new rum soon!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page