Isn’t everyone “Happy” when in the Bahamas?
“Happy” is a song by singer and producer Pharrell Williams and used on the movie sound track for Despicable Me 2. If you haven’t seen the original music video for Happy, it features people from all over the world dancing to the catchy rhythm. There’s even a few cameo appearances from a few celebrities.
I didn’t know this until a couple days ago, but there’s a “Happy” video that was shot in Nassau, Bahamas. Produced by Lavado Stubbs, the video features two people dancing through the downtown area in Nassau. They dance from the port, through the Straw Market and on to Bay Street. I wish I could dance like that!
Happy – The Bahamas Version
The video was produced by Conchboy Films and another Bahamian production company called Sky High Media. Here’s what producer Lavado Stubbs had to say about the video.
“The video is directed and written by me and cinematography was done by fellow Bahamian filmmaker Lance Knowles. We filmed it in one long take, the first take was rehearsal with the dancers and the 2nd take was what you see there. Seeing that they were very talented dancers, it only took 2 takes! The dancers are two of the top dancers in the Bahamas, female dancer: Shaness Kemp and male dancer: Juice Unit.”
“I did it not only to show the world what Bahamian filmmakers are capable of but to show the world what Caribbean filmmakers are capable of!”
I love the song and it’s cool seeing places in Nassau I think many of us have experienced. Keeps you locked into the whole video.
Subscribe to Daily Updates
RumShopRyan YouTube Channel
Caribbean Pinterest Boards
RumShopRyan on Google +
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!