After one sip, you’ll dancing through the streets of Old San Juan.
What’s the first thing that pops into your mind when you think about Puerto Rico? Is is the the beaches? The salsa dancing? The rum? Ahhh, you know that today being Boat Drink’s Wednesday it was going to rum related some how.
Rum has reigned supreme in Puerto Rico for ages. Explore that rum history with a trip to both the Bacardi Rum and Don Q Rum distilleries that are on the island. You’ll learn a lot about the rum making process and will be able to enjoy a few samples. Not a bad way to spend a day in Puerto Rico.
Once you’re done learning about the rums, it’s time to head out and put that knowledge to work. You could head to the Red Coral Lounge at the San Juan Marriott where the drink of choice is the signature Dragonberry Mojito…today’s Boat Drink recipe.
The Dragonberry Mojito Drink Recipe
- 2oz. Bacardi Dragonberry Rum
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 1 strawberry, sliced
- soda water
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 whole strawberry and 1 mint sprig (for garnish)
Mixing Instructions: Muddle mint leaves and sliced strawberry with simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and rum. Shake and pour contents into a highball glass. Add more ice, if needed, and top with soda water. Garnish with mint sprig and whole strawberry. Raise glass and toast.
How many Mojito fans do we have out there? I’m not the biggest Mojo fan, but I know it’s a damn popular drink so I have to give it love sometimes. Let me now what you think about the Dragonberry Mojito.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page