After one sip, you’ll be running to the top of Timothy Hill.
St. Kitts seems to have a little bit of everything packed into it’s moderately small coastline. This little-known island has lush rain forests, lava formations, seaside lagoons, a volcanic crater, and even monkeys flying through the tree tops.
St. Kitts also has a prominent beach bar scene. Most of the island’s beach bars are packed into an area on Frigate Bay known as “The Strip.” These beach bars are located on the calm leeward side of the island. The sea is less rowdy and the winds are calmed by the surrounding mountains. Hang with me here, this all will come together soon when I introduce this week’s boat drink recipe!
Located on the windward side of the island, the St. Kitts Marriott Resort faces the near constant trade winds. These winds were the inspiration behind the Atlantic Breeze cocktail that is served at the newly renovated Bohemia Beach Bar at the Marriott. This brightly colored cocktail might be considered more like a hurricane wind with its Bacardi 151 kicker though…time to saddle up! Toss in a little more light rum, a splash of passion fruit juice, a splash of mango juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, and grenadine, and then you’ll have yourself a stiff Atlantic Breeze in a glass.
Told you it would all come together somewhat!
Atlantic Breeze Drink Recipe
- 1oz. Bacardi 151
- 10z. Light Rum
- 1oz. Orange Juice
- 10z. Pineapple Juice
- 10z. Mango Juice
- 10z. Passion Fruit Juice
- Splash of Grenadine
Mixing Instructions: Combine all ingredients except grenadine in mixing glass with ice. Shake well then pour into tall cocktail glass. Add small splash of grenadine. Raise glass and toast.
I’m trying to remember if I had one of these drink while I was at the Bohemia Beach Bar. I had a few different drinks but I don’t think the Atlantic Breeze was one of them. Thinking I might have to mix one up for a little liquid nostalgia.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page