After one sip, you’ll be in search of an old blue chair.
Today’s Boat Drink recipe comes to us from Castaway Mixologist Jeremy McDaniel, it’s called the Island Boy and is made with Chesney’s Blue Chair Bay Rum. Basically I think it’s a call for help from the harsh winter that Jeremy and many of you have experienced. Here’s what he had to say about this week’s rum recipe.
It’s been a while! I blame it on this terrible winter, it’s ALMOST crushing my Caribbean soul! Well I’m ready to rum it up again (screw you old man winter!). The inspiration for this one comes from Kenny’s “Island Boy”, especially the lines, “Watches the snow on CNN, with all his dope smokin’ friend, just look at the hell they must be in”. Enjoy and here’s to snow melting!
It sounds like someone is in need of a little time in the lower latitudes. Stay warm Jeremy, cause the only thing that melts down here is the ice in my rum punch!
Island Boy Drink Recipe
- 1oz Blue Chair Bay white rum
- 1/2oz Blue Chair Bay Coconut rum
- 1/4oz Banana liqueur
- 1 1/2oz Pineapple juice
- 1 1/2oz Simply Orange w/ Banana
- Splash Cream of Coconut
Mixing Instructions: Shake all with cracked ice, strain into a highball glass filled with ice. Raise glass and toast.
I have a feeling you guys are going to like the Island Boy cocktail. Let me know what you think after you’ve mixed one or two up!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page