The Bahamas never disappoints, toss in a 3-day rum festival and you have a new level of island fun. The first ever Festival Rum Bahamas event was a huge success in my eyes and I’m already looking forward to attending future events.
Pirates, rum, a 300 year old fort, 3 live music stages, rum cake, a rum tasting competition, and a breakout junkanoo parade–Festival Rum Bahamas exceeded all my expectations.
I was graciously asked to be a judge in the tasting competition by the event staff and the International Rum Council. The judging took place in the dungeon of historic Fort Charlotte, I can’t imagine a better setting to sip dozens of rums!
With more than fifty of the world’s best rums, 10 judges from the Bahamas and the US evaluated these rums based on a variety of characteristics and chose the top three in each category. Here are the winners.
Festival Rum Bahamas Rum Tasting Results
- Gold – Calico Jack Key Lime
- Silver – Kingston Brand Coconut
- Bronze – Bambarra Coconut
- Gold – Rhum JM 2001
- Silver – Clement VSOP
- Bronze – Rhum JM VSOP
- Gold – Plantation 3 Star
- Silver – John Watling’s Pale Rum
- Bronze – Naked Turtle White Rum
Gold / Dark Rum:
- Gold – Blackwell Fine Jamaican Rum
- Silver – Bambarra Reserve
- Bronze – Gosling’s Black Seal
- Gold – El Dorado 12
- Silver – Plantation 20th Anniversary Rum
- Bronze – Kaniche XO
I have a lot more to share on the tasting competition, the festival and the Bahamas themselves. Stay tuned!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page