The Bahamas never disappoints, toss in a 3-day rum festival and you have a new level of island fun. The first ever Festival Rum Bahamas event was a huge success in my eyes and I’m already looking forward to attending future events.
Pirates, rum, a 300 year old fort, 3 live music stages, rum cake, a rum tasting competition, and a breakout junkanoo parade–Festival Rum Bahamas exceeded all my expectations.
I was graciously asked to be a judge in the tasting competition by the event staff and the International Rum Council. The judging took place in the dungeon of historic Fort Charlotte, I can’t imagine a better setting to sip dozens of rums!
With more than fifty of the world’s best rums, 10 judges from the Bahamas and the US evaluated these rums based on a variety of characteristics and chose the top three in each category. Here are the winners.
Festival Rum Bahamas Rum Tasting Results
- Gold – Calico Jack Key Lime
- Silver – Kingston Brand Coconut
- Bronze – Bambarra Coconut
- Gold – Rhum JM 2001
- Silver – Clement VSOP
- Bronze – Rhum JM VSOP
- Gold – Plantation 3 Star
- Silver – John Watling’s Pale Rum
- Bronze – Naked Turtle White Rum
Gold / Dark Rum:
- Gold – Blackwell Fine Jamaican Rum
- Silver – Bambarra Reserve
- Bronze – Gosling’s Black Seal
- Gold – El Dorado 12
- Silver – Plantation 20th Anniversary Rum
- Bronze – Kaniche XO
I have a lot more to share on the tasting competition, the festival and the Bahamas themselves. Stay tuned!
This trip was sponsored by Genuinely Bahamian Products, Tortuga Rum, and Tortuga Rum Cakes.
Subscribe to Daily Updates
RumShopRyan YouTube Channel
Caribbean Pinterest Boards
RumShopRyan on Google +
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!