I have this habit, good or bad, of having a really really good time the first night when on island. It always seems like the rum flows extra quickly and the adrenalin propels me to a highly lubricated state of mind.
When in Rome right?
The trip to Nassau for the Festival Rum Bahamas event was no different. Got to catch up with some old friends and made some new ones, always a great recipe for a hell of a time.
Waking up for day two of the festival went amazingly well though. A slight sluggishness, but that is to be expected at a rum festival. Nothing an omelet with some Bahamian hot sauce from Anthony’s on Paradise Island couldn’t fix.
Day two of the event was from 11am to 11pm. It was hot! Give me shade and a cold cocktail! Like a genius I wore a black shirt, the perfect conductor for Caribbean heat. I didn’t stay for the entire day, I left around 5:30, but it was another amazing day of manning the Tortuga Rum Cake tent and teaching people about the amazing rums we judged on day one.
Here is a short photo tour of day two of the Bahamas Rum Festival.
Views from the top of Fort Charlotte
Two of the best local rum guys in the Bahamas.
Bob and Mike manning the public tasting table. This was actually one of the highlights for me. It was so cool to have people come in to a room (deep inside the fort) and suggest great rums for them to try and explain a little bit about them. Seeing their faces as they sipped on the rums we suggested, then watching the wheels turn in their heads was awesome. You could actually see the world of rum expanding as new people became introduced to some quality rums. A great experience.
Mike and Bob sipping their Rum Cake Shots!
That’s Debra Jo of Genuinely Bahamian Products lurking behind me. She is the creator of the Rum Cake Rum Shot! That video is coming I promise!
This trip was sponsored by Genuinely Bahamian Products at Bay Street Station.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page