You know when they say too much of a good thing can be bad for you, I absolutely don’t agree.
Day 3 of the Bahamas Rum Festival was another great day, only this time the day started off with a boat ride to a beach bar, photo shoots at Genuinely Bahamian Products and the Tortuga Rum Cake store, then a little time at Fort Charlotte for the rum festival.
I won’t lie, by day 3 I was feeling the effects of the previous day’s rum sessions and the Bahamian sun, but as a Castaway you have to cowboy up and let that neon blue water blow wind back into your sails. And that’s exactly what I did.
Here is a short photo tour of day 3 in Nassau, Rose Island, and the Bahamas Rum Festival.
This is Rocky, captain of the 31 Jupiter we took out and several other boats. I climbed aboard and he asked me where I wanted to go, “Is Sandy Toes on Rose Island open?” A smile washed over his face and as he pushed the throttle forward. A blue water beach bar was our destination.
Feeling recharged by the time on the water and the 3 SANDS beers enjoyed during the short time on Rose Island, it was time to get back to work in Nassau.
The pretty girls of the Tortuga Rum Cake store in downtown Nassau, just feet from the cruise docks. Stop in and try a rum cake sample!
The pretty girls of the Genuinely Bahamian Products store on Bay Street in downtown Nassau.
Let me introduce you to Trevor Tucker, an amazing Bahamian artist and all-round great guy.
This is Jaime Lewis, president of Islandz Tours. Great guy and fellow Castaway. He also has a Kiosk in the airport selling beautiful Bahamian art applied to things like iPhone cases and other gear.
This trip was sponsored by Genuinely Bahamian Products at Bay Street Station.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page