Fort Charlotte has resumed it’s silent guard over Nassau’s busy port, but a couple months ago it was the place to be for the world of rum. There were three live music stages, dozens of vendors, and a huge collection of some of the top rums from the Caribbean and beyond. Spotlights lit up the sky and thousands of people filled the normally quiet Fort Charlotte.
I’ve been to a few rum festivals and I have to say this was the most fun. I’m already looking forward to Festival Rum Bahamas 2015.
Here is a short video highlighting the festival and a short jaunt out to Rose Island. Music by Cary Aria – “Bahama Bound”
2014 Festival Rum Bahamas Highlights
This video was made possible by Bay Street Station and Genuinely Bahamian Products.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page