After one sip, you’ll feel summer warming you from within.
This week’s Boat Drink recipe comes from our friends at Papa’s Pilar and has a name that I’m sure will be popular with many of you Castaways–Winter’s Finale. While spring is indeed upon us, I know a few of you in the midwest and north just got another reminder of just how brutal this never ending winter has been, but have no fear, the sun and little rum is on the way!
The Winter’s Finale is made with Papa’s Pilar Blonde Rum, honestly one of the best “light” rums I’ve tasted. It’s not quite a white rum, but not quite a gold rum. It’s solera blended and aged in bourbon barrels and port wine casks, then finished in Spanish sherry casks. This refinement gives the rum a great taste that’s perfect for cocktails and sipping.
Winter’s Finale Drink Recipe
- 1.5 oz Papa’s Pilar Blonde Rum
- .75 oz White Creme de Cacao
- .25 oz White Creme de Menthe
- 10 dashes Orange bitters
- 2 oz half and half
Mixing Instructions: Combine ingredients in shaker and shake well. Strain into ice-filled Collins glass with sugared rum. Raise glass and toast the end of winter.
No matter what the weather is doing outside you can always make yourself a delicious rum drink, slip into your favorite beach bar t-shirt, and walk around the house in flip flops. The island state of mind is but a sip and day dream away.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page