After one sip, evey ting gonna be irie.
Famous rum drinks, personal favorites, and new creations–we Castaways don’t discriminate when it comes to a good island cocktail. We even have a few flops, or failed experiments here on RSR. As any good scientist knows, you have to test what works and what doesn’t. (Did I really just compare a scientist and a mixologist? Yes. I. Did.)
Today’s Boat Drink recipe is what I’m classifying as an astounding success. I know taste is subjective, but I think you’ll agree.
The drink is called Irie Nectar and was created by Castaway Mixologist Jeremy McDaniel. He is a big fan of Jamaica and this cocktail recipe pays homage to that love.
Irie Nectar Drink Recipe
- 1 1/2oz Appleton Special
- 1/2oz Wray and Nephew Overproof
- 3oz Pineapple Juice
- Dash Angostura Bitters
- 1oz Ting
Mixing Instructions: Shake all but ting withe cracked ice. Strain into ice filled highball glass, top with Ting.
As always, let me know what you think after you mix up an Irie Nectar for yourself. Eager to know what you think.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page