After one sip, red will be your new favorite color.
The mercury is rising and the summer sizzle is going to be on top of us before we know it. One hundred degree days are on the horizon and there’s no better way to cool down than with a refreshing, mouth-watering boat drink!
Today’s boat drink recipe was created by Castaway mixologist Jeremy McDaniel, and its been titled the Jamaican Redhead.
It’s called the Jamaican Redhead because the drink is blue. No…obviously the drink is red, the color coming from a refreshing watermelon purée. Watermelon and summer go hand in hand, so what better way to extinguish the sizzle than a rum drink infused with watermelon! Enjoy!
Jamaican Redhead Drink Recipe
- 2oz Appleton Estate Reserve (could use any Appleton)
- 3oz Ting
- 1oz watermelon purée/juice (blend fresh chunks until smooth)
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Watermelon chunk (Garnish)
Mixing Instructions: Shake everything except Ting. Strain into ice filled high ball glass, top with Ting. Garnish with a watermelon chunk (or throw it in, eat at the end!)
As always let me know what you think of this new boat drink recipe. I think with the sizzling heat of the summer just around the corner, this refreshing rum drink will put out of those fires for you.
Subscribe to Daily Updates
RumShopRyan YouTube Channel
Caribbean Pinterest Boards
RumShopRyan on Google +
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!