In one month (August 14-17) Castaways will be flying to the sandy shores of Bolongo Bay Resort on St. Thomas for a fun filled four days of island relaxation, rum appreciation, and island hopping. There’s still time to book your Castaway package, but if you can’t make it I’ll be posting live photo updates during the event.
For those of you that are going here is the itinerary for the beach bash. Things are subject to change and please don’t feel obligate to do everything, just relax and enjoy the Virgin Islands. After all, that’s what being a Castaway is all about!
Friday’s day trip to Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands is completely optional and separate from the Bolongo Bay package. It’s something I’m putting together that I thought you guys might like. Passports are required to enter the BVI and the round-trip ferry ticket is $70. Don’t feel obligated to attend this excursion, it’s completely up to you.
Castaway Beach Bash Itinerary
- Arrive and check into Bolongo Bay Resort
- Meet other Castaways on the beach in front of Iggies Beach Bar (on property)
- 3:30pm- Famous Bolongo Bay rum snorkel hunt
- Relax on the beach and live music at Iggies Beach Bar
- 7:15am – Take taxi and catch 8am Jost Van Dyke ferry in Red Hook
- Spend the day in White Bay at Soggy Dollar and other beach bars. (Must have passport)
- 3pm – Depart Jost Van Dyke and return to St. Thomas
- Relax and unwind
- 8pm – Castaway Rum Tasting event on the beach next to Iggies Beach Bar
- 8:45am – Boarding at Bolongo’s dock for day sail to St. John
- Spend the day snorkeling and relaxing on St. John’s Honeymoon Beach
- 3pm – Boat returns to Bolongo Bay Resort
- Relax and unwind. Live music at Iggies Beach Bar
- Relax and say our good byes to new friends!
- Complimentary Discover Scuba Dive pool lesson by the St. Thomas Diving Club, a 5-star PADI facility
- Complimentary non-motorized water sports such Hobie Cats, windsurfers, kayaks, snorkel gear, stand up paddle boards and more
- Beach volleyball
- Snorkel with sea turtles just of the beach at Bolongo Bay
That’s it! This year’s event has a lot of fun things included that we haven’t done during the two previous beach bashes, so I’m super excited to experience them with you guys. There will be plenty of down time for lounging on the beach or exploring the island on your own as well.
I’m counting the days and can’t wait to celebrate our love of the islands together!
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!