After one sip, you’ll be high in a coconut tree.
It could be me, or it could be all the passionate No Shoes Nation people I follow on Facebook, but it seems like Blue Chair Bay Rum has been making a lot of noise lately. They released their new Banana Rum about a month ago, then they open an online store with branded swag, and finally their Coconut Rum and White Rum were just named “Best in Class” in the Spirits of the Americas competition. I think it’s safe to say BCBR is having a good summer.
With that said, Jeremy McDaniel, our resident Castaway mixologist has created a special Blue Chair Bay Rum drink recipe that represents all things summer. The drink is called Kenny’s Coconut Tree and it’s made with Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum and a few other ingredients that come together for a true taste of the islands.
Here’s what Jeremy had to say about the concoction…
“As summer heats up everywhere I find myself not feeling well. Going through Chesney withdraw! With no tour this year a piece of my tropical soul feels empty. Oh well, I know just what to fill it with. RUM! Blue Chair Bay to be exact! Well here is the “remedy” to my “condition” using Kenny’s favorite expression in the BCBR line. Enjoy!”
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Now let’s get to mixin!
Kenny’s Coconut Tree Drink Recipe
- 2oz. Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
- 1oz. OJ
- 1oz. Pineapple Juice (or 2oz of orange-pineapple juice)
- 2oz. Coconut Water
- Dash Angostura Orange Bitters
Mixing Instructions: Build over ice in a highball glass and stir. Raise glass and toast.
As always, let me know what you think of this drink recipe. I have a feeling you guys are going to like this one. Take a slow sip and close your eyes, you’ll almost those Caribbean waves kissing your feet!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page