After one sip, you’ll be fending off sharks from your prize catch.
Most people think a daiquiri is a bright red concoction served with an umbrella at a fancy resort. While that is definitely one version of it, the original is much more refined.
The daiquiri was a Hemingway favorite, so whom better to give us a special daiquiri recipe than Papa’s Pilar Rum, a rum modeled after Ernest Hemingway and the adventurous lifestyle he led.
This recipe, called the Hemingway Daiquiri, was created for National Daiquiri Day which took place a couple weeks ago. Just because it’s not daiquiri day now doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this classic cocktail while you imagine yourself walking in Hemingway’s foot steps in old Havana or catching a marlin in the Gulf Stream off tiny Bimini.
Watch this video of our friend Mr. Grooms of Papa’s Pilar Rum as he mixes a delicious Hemingway Daiquiri. He better share those!
Hemingway Daiquiri Recipe
Papa’s Pilar Hemingway Daiquiri Recipe
- 1.5oz Papa’s Pilar Blonde
- .75oz Fresh Lime Juice
- .5oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 1 tsp of Maraschino Liquor
- 1 tsp Granulated Sugar
Mixing Instructions: Combine ingredients into mixing glass with ice. Shake well. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know what you think of this drink recipe. It’s not worth substituting the Pilar Blonde out for another rum, Pilar really does have a great flavor and it brings an original taste to this drink.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page