After one sip, you’ll be backstroking it to neighboring Barbuda.
I don’t want to let the secret out, but National Rum Day is less than two weeks away. That’s right, come August 16th the spirit of the Caribbean will celebrate it’s little day in the sun.
Sure the day isn’t an official holiday, but that doesn’t mean Castaways like us can’t celebrate with a sipper of something smooth and aged, or a tropical concoction that takes you back to the islands with ever gulp.
This week’s Boat Drink recipe comes to us from our friends at Curtain Bluff Resort on the beautiful island of Antigua. It’s called the Caribbean Fantasy, and it will have you dreaming of island fantasies in no time!
Caribbean Fantasy Drink Recipe: Curtain Bluff, Antigua
- A shot of Cavalier or English Harbour Rum
- 3 oz Pineapple juice
- A dash of cream of coconut
- A touch of Grenadine cream
Mixing Instructions: Pour all the ingredients into a blender with ice and blend together for just a few seconds. Pour into a tall cool glass and garnish with a cherry and pineapple. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know what you thought of this cocktail after you’ve mixed it up. Does it indeed conjure Caribbean fantasies?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page