Philipsburg, St. Maarten was my home away from home during my sail aboard Island Windjammers tall ship Sagitta. The town is the major port-of-call for cruise ships on the island, so tourists shops and restaurants abound, but there’s plenty of places to find a quiet spot to take in the harbor’s true beauty as well.
Capturing that quiet beauty was the goal of the Island Lime Video. I woke early in the morning to capture the beach and boardwalk before cruise ship passengers embarked on their hunt for duty-free jewelry and smooth rum. Locals and hotel guests were jogging in the warm morning air, a small group of kids were jumping off a distant pier, and the sun had just broke above the mountains surrounding Philipsburg–Caribbean bliss found and captured for you in this Island Lime Video.
Philipsburg Beach, St. Maarten: Island Lime Video
Make sure you put the video in HD mode to really see the crisp beauty of the waves falling on to the sand.
Here are a few other photo shot on the beach and around Philipsburg.
I’d like to thank the Holland House for hosting my stay in Philipsburg, their hotel puts guests right in the middle of the action and they have a fantastic lounge area next to the boardwalk to relax and people watch.
Have you been to Philipsburg? Give us some tips activities and best places to eat!
Subscribe to Daily Updates
RumShopRyan YouTube Channel
Caribbean Pinterest Boards
RumShopRyan on Google +
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!