Although Summer’s End principal Robert O’Connor Jr. claimed to deny St. John the opportunities that would come with building the group’s proposed St. John Marina would be genocide, the vast majority of those who spoke at Monday’s Coastal Zone Management Committee public hearing at the Legislature building thought otherwise.
“Coral Bay needs a marina, but only a couple of slips,” St. John resident Philip “Grasshopper” Pickering said, echoing the comments of many who took their turn for three minutes at the microphone.
Read the rest of the story via Overflow Crowd Says No to St. John Marina Proposal | St. Thomas Source.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page