After one sip, you’ll be livin’ like Jose.
It’s important not to forget our friends in the western Caribbean. All too often focus seems to sit in the eastern Caribbean which I personally love so much, and I need to be mindful of the wonderful countries that make of the eastern boarder. In doing that, I think we all need to drink some tequila!
This week’s boat drink recipe is the Tamarind Margarita! The deliciously flavorful tamarind fruit, commonly used in Latin American cuisine adds a twist to the standard margarita mixture. Is anyone else a fan of this exotic flavor?
If not, you might be after this drink!
Tamarind Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce tamarind nectar
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Chili powder for rimming
- 1 cup ice
Mixing Instructions: Pour the ice, tequila, tamarind concentrate and simple syrup into a blender. Blend until smooth. Rim a chilled margarita glass with chili powder. Pour the blended contents into the glass. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know what you think of the Tamarind Margarita. Rum is king on this site, but tequila is a good friend as well.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page