What do you think of when you think of Jamaica? Is it the white-sand beaches or the savory jerk chicken, maybe it’s the smooth reggae beats or misty Blue Mountains. Those are all Jamaican signatures, but you can’t think of Jamaica without thinking about rum.
And when you think about Jamaican rum, you think about Appleton Estate.
I saw the below video shared last week on RumConnection.com, and after watching it once I knew two things were going to happen. One was that I was going to enjoy an Appleton on the rock that evening, and two was that I was going to share it with all you Castaways.
It may be just a marketing video but it’s one of the best I’ve seen. It makes you feel the spirit of island, its people, its culture. It shows you how passionate and proud the people are about their rum. And that passion is contagious.
Give this short video a watch and tell me you don’t want a glass of Appleton Estate right now.
What do you think, want to meet me in Negril for a rum?
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page