If you’ve never experienced a rum festival I highly recommend it. You’ll have the opportunity to sample amazing rums from all over the world, meet some cool rum-heads, and if the haze of the day doesn’t grab you, then there’s some pretty cool sponsored rum after parties.
One of these rum events is happening October 11-12 in London, England.
The eighth annual London RumFest will once again welcome a wide selection of rums from some of the finest distilleries across the globe, whether it be household names such as Havana Club, Diplomatico, Angostura and Mount Gay to discovering the industry’s best burgeoning spirits such as Duppy Share, Pusser’s and Abelha. Celebrating the culture behind the drink RumFest will also offer cocktail making tutorials, rum and food pairings and a series of engaging masterclasses and seminars.
The RumFest returns to the UK on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th October with a fresh look and a new venue. London’s ILEC Center in Earl’s Court will play host to the eighth annual event, a celebration of rum and rum culture and in particular for 2014, a look at some of the most premium blends on the market.
As a finale to the London Cocktail Week celebrations, attendees can sip and savor tipples from the vast variety of rums available from all over the world. Not only this, The Rumfest is a chance for both novices and discerning drinkers alike to delve deeper into this vibrant culture, with a variety of masterclasses and seminars including cocktail workshops, rum and marshmallow pairing and chef & cocktail demos. Complete with a very special charity auction hosted by Christie’s supporting WaterAid and a carnival atmosphere, The Rumfest is the perfect place to bring the warmth of summer into the autumn months, a truly ‘rum-derful’ thing indeed.
This year as a precursor to The RumFest, Global Rum Ambassador, Ian Burrell will host a very special world record attempt for the World’s Largest Rum Tasting on Thursday 9th October. Limited tickets are available and can be purchased for just £10 via the RumFest website.
If you need a reason to travel to London, this could be it! Have fun Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page