“Island Time” is a state of mind. You might be stuck in the middle of land-locked Kansas, buried in snow in Chicago, or caught up in the rat-race in the place you call home–we can all capture the Island Time feeling no matter where we are. All you have to do is find that inspirational “trigger” that takes you to your St. Somewhere. It could be a specific rum drink, a photo of a past vacation, or a toe tapping song with coastal blue water lyrics. Inspiration takes many forms.
For me that “trigger” is the sweet sweet salt life sound. Music.
I’ve been in a big fan of Jake and the Half Conched Band for a long time. The group and lead singer Jake Thomas are Nashville based, but the songs are written about the Gulf coast, Caribbean hideaways, love of the sea, and strong drinks. All Castaways trademarks!
“Nothin’ But Sun” will make a fantastic addition to your Beach Playlist, it’s the perfect “trigger” for that Island State of Mind escape. You can download the “Nothin’ But Sun” album here on iTunes.
Here are a few of my favorite songs from Nothin’ But Sun.
Island Girl – Jake and the Half Conched Band
Gone – Jake and the Half Conched Band
Busted in Jamaica – Jake and the Half Conched Band
Tequila Happy – Jake and the Half Conched Band
Let me know what you think of the new “Nothin’ But Sun” album. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page