After one sip, you’ll almost enjoy the cold fall weather…almost.
I’ve lived in southwest Florida for 13 years now. The swaying coconut palms still put a pirate’s smile on my face. But after living here for so long I get asked by people if I miss the seasons from up north (Kansas City). My answer…not really.
Sure we have seasons down here, we have the Wet Season, the Dry Season, Hurricane Season, Snowbird Season, and Lovebug Season. A little different sure, but seasons none-the-less. They just don’t relate to cold temperatures and the “perks” that go with.
Some of those “perks” might be all the different pumpkin spiced drinks that stores market heavily when fall rolls around. Did someone say spiced? When I hear the word spiced, I think about rum. Why not combine the two and toss in a tropical, born on the beach vibe to a create a new drink. Let’s throw a Monkey Wrench into this whole seasonal north-south thing and raise our glasses blue sky high. That sounds like a perk to me!
Today’s Boat Drink Recipe comes to us from our friends at Blue Chair Bay Rum and it definitely blurs the lines of a traditionally fall drink. The drink is simply called Rum ‘N Pumpkin Ale. Add Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum to a pumpkin ale and you’re done. A mix between a fall beer and a Caribbean rum, sounds like a perfect combination doesn’t it? Let’s give it a try and fine out.
Rum ‘N Pumpkin Ale Drink Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz. Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum
- Pint of pumpkin ale
Mixing Instructions: Add Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum to Pint of Pumpkin Ale. Stir with spoon. Raise glass and toast.
For those of you in the higher latitudes this should give you a little taste of the islands during the cooling fall. For those that get chilly when the thermometer hits 70, this will give you a taste of what it’s like to have a “perk” of the traditional seasons.
Let me know what you Castaways think after you’ve tired a glass or two!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page