The Baths of Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands are a “pinch me” type of place. Large volcanic boulders cover the southern shoreline creating majestic caves and tidal pools. Last week was my first visit to this stunning landscape and it exceeded my expectations. It was a quick whirlwind tour, but it still left a powerful impression on this salty soul. You’ll see some of that beauty in this Island Lime Video feature.
I had climbed aboard Boat #2 of our three boat flotilla because I wanted to snorkel The Caves on Norman Island while my boat, Boat #1, sailed back to Nanny Cay on Tortola to pick up some missing provisions. Captained by Mr. Shawn Martin of Coastlines & Tanlines, Boat #2 set sail for the southern shore of Virgin Gorda, home of the legendary Baths.
We arrived to the Baths in the mid-afternoon, a little late because we still had to sail up to the North Sound to moor for the night. Time was of the essence as we jumped in the dingy and headed for the small beach that’s surrounded by towering boulders.
It’s hard to explain in words just how amazingly beautiful this place is. It’s unlike any beach I’ve ever been to. But again, time was short so I set up the camera and we set out on the trail that takes you through the boulder caves to Devils Bay. This video is what I captured during my short time at The Baths.
The Baths of Virgin Gorda, BVI
A few photos of the beautiful Baths.
Time truly flies when experiencing something new and amazing. That was certainly the case at The Baths. This is a place, an island, that one could easily spend a week or two and never be bored. My one hour and fifteen minutes just barely gave me a taste, it was like a taking a bite out of a delicious meal then having someone taking it away from you. It left me wanting more, more time, more boulder hopping, more photos, more exploration, more lost in bliss.
Virgin Gorda and The Baths…I’ll be back.
This story was made possible by Virgin Islands Sailing, a company that makes VI sailing charters easy.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page