“Hide the Cashmere, the bomber is focused in!”
As soon as we grabbed the mooring ball near Diamond Cay, we had the dingy in the water and were motoring towards Little Jost Van Dyke and the B-Line Beach Bar. When Castaway Lorrie says go, we go. I aint arguing.
The B-Line Beach Bar is the new kid on the block when it comes to British Virgin Island beach bars. Opening earlier this year (2014) by owner Christina Washburn from Tortola, the B-Line is the only establishment on Little Jost making it even more special. Its seclusion really gives it a charm that the other more popular beach bars on nearby White Bay just don’t have. Throw in cornhole boards and a fantastic signature drink and you have the makings of what I call the perfect lime.
The first order of business is to belly up to the bar, say good afternoon to Jerry (Sweatpea), and ask him what he recommends. The words Passion Confusion flow from his island lips and our group quickly orders several of the rum filled signature concoctions. Shifting into second.
As I write this the taste of the Passion Confusion still teases my tastebuds. Ugh. Must go back.
I never did get the recipe for this B-Line rum punch. Jerry probably wouldn’t have told me anyways. I can tell you that it was already prepared in a jug with infused pineapples floating in the pink liquid goodness. He poured the pre-made mix into a glass of ice, added a couple soaked pineapple chunks, and topped it off with a floater of Myers Rum. The result is a deliciously sweet boat drink that instantly put a sideways smile on our faces. Shifting into third.
If you go, get one. Bottom line.
Our time at the B-Line moved quickly. Or maybe it just seemed that way because everyone was having a grand time enjoying the perfect setting. Laughs were had, experiences were shared. We all just marveled at how simple, yet perfect this place is.
Mango Eddie and I scoped out locations and dreamed of building a beach bar paradise just like the B-Line. Just a few pieces of wood, some bamboo, thatch, a couple of palm trees and a rum heavy signature drink and we would be set. Places like this inspire fantastic plans. Who knows, sometimes those island fantasies turn to reality. Shifting into Fourth.
Our time at the B-Line is a memory that won’t soon be forgotten and an experience that I hope is replicated over and over again in the future. As I said before, it was the perfect lime.
If you’ve had the chance to visit the B-Line Beach Bar on Little Jost I would love to hear about your experience. Did you sample a Passion Confusion or two? Did you meet the laid back Sweetpea? However, the most important question is…when are you going back? …and can you take me?
Shifting into fifth. Ahhhh.
This story was made possible by Virgin Island Sailing, a company that makes VI sailing charters easy.
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page