Aruba is renowned for being one of the most beautiful Caribbean islands that enjoys hot weather even throughout its winter months. The island, which is west of the Lesser Antilles, offers vacationers white sandy beaches, tropical weather and a plethora of fantastic coastal resorts.
This year, Aruba welcomed another beatific resort to its coastal region: the first Ritz-Carlton Resort on the island. The new resort has 320 rooms and opened this November on the much-visited Palm Beach. The resort has four restaurants, two huge swimming pools, spa facilities, and a 24-hour casino.
The resort has gone into partnership with local company Red Sail Sports to offer its visitors a wide arrange of watersports including paddle boarding, scuba diving, kayaking, snorkeling and sailing. Residents of the resort can also venture out into the blue sea that surrounds the resort on catamarans and various forms of boats to experience the tranquility of the surrounding environment.
But after only being opening for a short time, it’s the resort’s casino that seems to be gaining the most attention in the press and glowing reviews from its visitors. The casino is made up of approximately 15,000 square feet of gaming floor with 17 active gaming tables where residents can play poker, blackjack, roulette, craps, and Caribbean stud poker, Texas Hold’Em or Let It Ride. The casino is open 24-hours a day, and it also holds regular bingo events as well as live music at its Divi Bar & Lounge which is located next to the entrance of the casino.
It’s a venture that many resorts across the Caribbean are now buying into, with Aruba’s new Ritz Carlton following many illustrious resorts in offering their customers alternative entertainment offerings similar to the famous resorts in Las Vegas. What with casino gaming being more popular than ever since its online launch back in the late 90s via casino portal InterCasino this niche has helped drive profits in many resorts in Aruba where just offering hotel beds is no longer enough to set resorts apart from the crowd.
So, if you’re looking at taking a vacation in the Caribbean this winter and still want a tropical climate, maybe considering the Ritz-Carlton Resort and Casino is something worth contemplating for a diverse offering of sea, sand, water sports and casino gaming.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page