Snow or sand, pine trees or palm trees, the Christmas spirit infects us know matter where we live. We gather with friends and family to celebrate, we eat, we drink, we are merry.
Today is Christmas Eve and the holiday cheer is starting to permeate my tough skin. Better late than never right?
I just got back from the beach where I took a few photos of a little boat drink sip sip. The recipe, just a simple mixture of Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum Cream, a dark rum, and nutmeg. Simple, delicious and fitting for the holidays. I don’t really have a name for it yet. Maybe the Christmas Hug, Spiced Snow, or Caribbean Christmas. I’m open to ideas! We’ll settle on the Caribbean Christmas for right now, I like the ring of that one. Now let’s mix on up.
Caribbean Christmas Boat Drink Recipe
- 2oz. Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum Cream
- 2oz. Dark Rum (Kraken or Papa’s Pilar 24)
Mixing Instructions: Add both rums to a rocks glass with 3-4 ice cubes. Stir. Add a dash of freshly grated nutmeg to the top. Raise glass and toast.
As you can see from the photos I just mixed mine in a shot glass. I didn’t have the ice or rocks glass on the beach, sometimes you just have to make due with what you have…island style.
I hope you enjoy the Boat Drink! It tastes amazing and feels so warm and smooth going down. Yummmmm.
Merry Christmas to all you amazing Castaways, I raise my glass to you.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page