Festival RumBahamas is gearing up to once again bring the public a rum festival like no other. There will be food, there will be dancing, there will be music, and that might even be a little rum there as well. Who knows, a Junkanoo parade might just appear out of no where like it did last year. Nassau’s Festival RumBahamas is more than just a rum event, it’s a Bahamian cultural experience.
The event takes place in the historic Fort Charlotte which overlooks Nassau Harbour, and I have to say it’s one of the coolest features of the event. There’s nothing like sipping rums from all over the world while you sit in a dungeon or gaze down the barrel of a cannon that points out towards the blue Bahamian water. You’ll see cruise ships come and go, but your imagination will travel back in time to when the harbor was full of tall ships of the Royal Navy and the fort protected the island from pirates. Having a rum festival in a place like this…it just doesn’t get any better.
Festival RumBahamas will have a rum competition, judged by some of the best minds in the business. You’ll be able to talk to the judges whom will give you a break down on the different varieties of rums, not just from the Caribbean but from all over the world. Oh yes, the judges will have samples ready and waiting for you.
The festival is a lot more than rum though, it’s an all encompassing cultural experience. You’ll be able to sample amazing local food, listen to great music on multiple stages, and you might even see a demonstration of the how the soldiers once marched around the fort.
Besides being one of the judges last year, I’d have to say might favorite highlight of the event was the food. Vendors are located all around the fort serving up anything and everything. If you needed to find me, I was usually at the jerk chicken, conch salad, or Tortuga Rum Cake booths.
So who wants to go?!
When, Where, Tickets
This years Festival RumBahamas takes place Friday February 27 to Sunday March 1, 2015. It will happen at Fort Charlotte in Nassau, Bahamas. Tickets are $25 for a single day pass and $60 for a 3-day pass. You can buy advanced tickets here.
It’s cold in most of the United States, so if you’re looking for an escape to the warm weather there’s nothing better than a rum festival in the Bahamas!
I hope to see you there!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page