After one sip, you’ll sinking into soft pink sand.
Sipping a new rum for the first time is sort of like kissing someone new. You know you want to do it, but is it going to be a sweet thrill or a sloppy mess.
I’m happy to say that when I kissed AFROHEAD’s 15 year XO rum for the first time last week it was on the side of sweet deliciousness.
Last month, the rum that calls Harbour Island in the Bahamas home, celebrated its launch into the South Florida market. Whenever a new rum washes ashore in the states, there’s usually a pretty interesting story behind it. AFROHEAD is no different. Click hear to read about the fascinating story from browardpalmbeach.com.
This week’s Boat Drink recipe is called The FroCo and it’s made with AFROHEAD’s seven-year-aged dark rum, lemon juice, brown sugar and coconut water. It’s okay, I just drooled a little bit too.
The FroCo Drink Recipe
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 pure cane brown sugar cubes
- 1.5 oz AfroHead rum
- 3 oz coconut water
Mixing Instructions: Shake and strain all ingredients over ice. Garnish with toasted coconut. Raise glass and toast.
I know this rum isn’t yet available to most of you Castaways spread throughout the US, UK and around the world. This just gives you a reason to b-line it to the Bahamas or south Florida to grab a bottle or three!
(Cocktail recipe by rum ambassador Isaac Grillo)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page