After one sip, you’ll be shaking it on the Ft. Lauderdale Beach sand.
Close your eyes and picture the stars in the sky. Picture stars on stage. Picture boats anchored just off shore. Picture your feet completely buried in the warm sand. Picture a cold rum drink in your hand.
You just pictured the Tortuga Music Festival.
Coming this April 11th-12th, Fort Lauderdale Beach will become ground zero for some of the biggest names in country music. This two-day festival features names like Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band and about a dozen other big names will fill three different stages.
Needless to say, this pirate is a little excited about seeing Kenny, Zac and all the others on the sand. And nothing lubricates the wheels of excitement like a new Boat Drink!
This week’s drink recipe is appropriately named Tortuga Nights.
Tortuga Nights Drink Recipe
- 1oz Blue Chair Bay White Rum
- 1oz Amaretto
- 1oz Pineapple Juice
- .5oz Coconut Cream
- Splash of Grenadine
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
Mixing Instructions: Combine rum, amaretto, pineapple juice and coconut cream to mixing glass with ice. Shake well. Strain into glass with ice. Add splash of grenadine. Top with a dash of bitters. Garnish with cherry and pineapple. Raise glass and toast.
This is a fantastic boat drink recipe and I think you’re going to love it. As always, mix one up and let me know what you think.
How many of you are going to the Tortuga Music Festival this year? If you’re going hit me up on Facebook, I’d love to meet you.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page