Certain locations and atmospheres were just made for particular musical artists. Madison Square Garden and Jay-Z, Key West and Jimmy Buffett, the Jersey Shore and Bruce Springsteen–these musicians are ingrained into the DNA of these places. Seeing them perform there would be be bucket list type material.
Mr. Kenny Chesney’s roots grew in the soil of eastern Tennessee. And while seeing him in Nashville or the University of Tennessee stadium would be epic, there’s a better place. That place is defined as the the coast of somewhere beautiful. A place where the sand and sea meet, and palm trees dance in the sea breeze. Yes, Chesney is an island cowboy, his Madison Square Garden is the sand of the beach.
He’s played the sand of Ft. Lauderdale Beach in 2013 at the Tortuga Music Festival, blew up Orange Beach at the Flora-Bama in 2014, and he returns to Ft. Lauderdale in 2015 for an encore performance at this year’s Tortuga Music Festival.
Here’s a look back at the 2013 performance. If this doesn’t get you jacked for a feel good No Shoes experience on the beach by an island cowboy, I don’t know what will.
If you want to be a part of this experience, there’s still time. Click here to get your tickets to this year’s Tortuga Music Festival, happening April 11-12. The sand of Ft. Lauderdale Beach and No Shoes Nation is waiting for you.
(Photo from the Tortuga Music Festival)
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page