There’s no reason why every day can’t be Cinco de Mayo. It’s just a state of mind right?
At least that’s what I told myself last week when I found a Cayman Jack margarita in my hand and my toes buried in the sand of a semi-secret beach in Fort Myers, Florida.
Now I’m a big fan of a good top-shelf margarita prepared by a professional bartend or preparing the sweet concoction myself at casa de rumshop, but what if you want to enjoy the tequila based beverage at say the beach. Call me lazy, but I don’t want to pack up all the ingredients it takes to make the perfect margarita and lug it to the beach. I’d rather pop a top, pass one to a beautiful pirate girl and make myself comfortable on the sand.
To pacify this margarita yearning I hunted down what I believe to be best bottled margarita, Cayman Jack. I obviously dig the taste of Cayman Jack, but they also market themselves as a worldly adventurous brand. Perfect fit for the Castaway way of life.
These short squatty bottles are filled with 100% blue agave nectar, pure cane sugar, and organic limes. Excellent for me, all top-shelf ingredients that I didn’t have to haul to the beach. What I did haul was a bag of tortilla chips, some spicy guacamole, and a bucket full of good times.
It was an amazing day and my mind drifted in and out of fantasy. The sea-breeze was blowing in from the Gulf, fishermen patrolled the sandbars, shore birds combed the low tide zone, pelicans dive-bombed their lunch, and my belly was happily prepping for Cinco de Mayo. It was just one of those days where you have to sit back and say, “damn, this is pretty good.”
Days like this remind me that the grass isn’t always greener somewhere else. If you’re anything like me, and I’m guessing a few of you Castaways are, you dream of calling exotic islands like Key West, St. John, Grenada, or Anguilla home. Moving to, or anchoring off of, these rocks fill my thoughts all the time, but days like the Cayman Jack and guacamole day remind me that home can be pretty damn good too.
I hope you experience days like this as well.
(Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cayman Jack. The opinions and text are all mine.)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cayman Jack. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page