Have you heard, Blue Chair Bay Rum has just announced a vanilla flavored rum. Anytime a new rum is released it’s cause for a little celebration, but maybe a little more so when it’s from BCBR. It’s a rum that represents the Caribbean Castaway lifestyle and lets you know it’s okay to…live a little, have some fun. Oh yeah, and the owner happens to sing some pretty cool songs.
This week’s boat drink recipe comes from Blue Chair Bay and is made with the new vanilla rum. The cocktail is called the Setting Sun and is simply mixed with your favorite brand of cherry soda. Simple, sweet– a nice relaxing cocktail to be enjoyed on your St. Somewhere or while dreaming about it.
The Setting Sun Boat Drink Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz. Blue Chair Bay Vanilla Rum
- cherry soda
Mixing Instructions: Add ingredients to a glass with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and cherry. Raise glass and toast.
If you’re looking for a place to buy the new Blue Chair Bay Vanilla Rum, use the brand’s store locator tool here.
I don’t have a bottle yet, so those lucky enough to have snagged a few bottles will have to let me know how the rum and this cocktail taste. I’m looking at you X on St. John!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page