After one sip, you’ll be swimming the strait.
I don’t know about you, but it’s getting hot hot hot here in Southwest Florida. The humidity has been near 100% for last couple days and the afternoon thunderstorms are in full affect.
When the weather gets like this an ice cold beer doesn’t stay ice cold for very long. This means you have two choices, drink the beer fast or go with a ice filled refreshing cocktail. In most situations I choose option two.
One drink that is both cool and refreshing is the ever-popular mojito. Everyone knows about the mojito, so we are going to twist things up and bit and mix up a Pineapple Mojito. Care for a sip?
Pineapple Mojito Drink Recipe
- 1/4 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- 3 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ounces white rum
- juice from 1/2 lime
- club soda for serving
- wedges of pineapple and mint leaves for garnish
Mixing Instructions: Place pineapple, mint leaves and sugar in shaker and muddle. Add rum, lime juice and ice. Replace lid and shake until chilled. Strain cocktail into ice filled glass and top with club soda. Garnish with mint leaves and pineapple wedges. Raise glass and toast.
I’ve said it before, I’m not the world’s biggest mojito fan. It’s a mint thing. But this Pineapple Mojito is like sipping paradise. Mix one up and let me know what you think!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page