After one sip, you’ll be flip floppin’ through summer’s gates.
Do remember during those long cold gray winter days how much you fantasized about 90 degree days, sunshine and flip flops? Your wait is over! The unofficial start of summer takes place this weekend with the celebration of Memorial Day. That’s right, it’s time to hit the beach, hit the lake, or dive into the pool! It’s summer time!
The perfect compliment to a summer celebration is of course a fruitiful rum drink. Obviously right! This week’s boat drink recipe is just that, the perfect cocktail to welcome in summer with. It’s called the Summer Fruit Daiquiri and it’s a delicious blast of fresh fruit and rum. I dare you to have just one, it’s impossible!
Summer Fruit Daiquiri
Ingredients: (Makes three 8oz. servings)
- 1 cup sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh cubed mango
- 1 cup seeded watermelon
- 1/2 a 12 ounce can thawed lemonade concentrate
- 6 ounces light rum
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups ice cubes
Mixing Instructions: Combine in a blender 4 cups fruit, the lemonade concentrate, rum, and powdered sugar. Cover and blend until smooth. With blender running, gradually add ice cubes through opening in lid until mixture is desired thickness. Serve in glasses. If desired, garnish daiquiris with fruit pieces. Raise glass and toast to Summer.
I’m eager to know what you Castaways think of this fruity summer blend of goodness. Leave a message and let me know the verdict. Have a great holiday weekend!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page