After one sip, you’ll be dancing in the rain.
The Monkey Wrench is a tool for working on cars…I think. That’s about all I know about working on cars. Want me to change your tire, I can probably do that. Want me to do anything else, you’ll have to look else where. The only Monkey Wrench I know how to use is the one that is made with rum.
This week’s Boat Drink Recipe is called the Monkey Wrench. The drink tastes amazing, the name is…well…eh. I prefer my monkeys in the trees of lush Caribbean islands like St. Kitts and Nevis, not the name of some tool to fix God knows what on a car.
This cocktail is made with white rum, grapefruit juice, Angostura bitters and nothing else. Simple and refreshing. You’ll love it!
Monkey Wrench Drink Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 4 ounces grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Maraschino cherry, to garnish
Mixing Instructions: In an ice filled old-fashioned glass, combine the light rum, grapefruit juice and Angostura bitters. Garnish with the maraschino cherry. Raise glass and toast.
As always, let me know what you think once you mix this rum drink up for yourself.
On another note, can anyone help me with the noise coming from under the hood of my Jeep?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page