After one sip, you’ll be climbing the rigging.
Do you like spicy? The Caribbean is famous for its many homemade hot sauces. It seems like each relaxing beach bar has their own brand sitting on the table waiting for unsuspecting tourist to splash a few drops on their conch fritters or Mahi Mahi sandwich. The server will warn you it’s hot, but that doesn’t stop many…me included.
If I’m not sweating, it’s not good. Pass that sauce this way.
One of the hottest sauces I’ve ever tasted was at Stuarts Conch Shack on Bimini. The dark skinned local with just a few teeth warned me of its potency, but I had heard that before and consumed the flames just fine. This was different though. One tinny tiny drop set my mouth a blaze as well as the mouths of my Salty Seven Castaway friends.
Anyways, yes spice is good. That’s why I’m a big fan of this week’s boat drink recipe. It’s called the Spicy Sailor and it does indeed have a little heat in its belly. Made with spiced rum and muddled jalapenos, the cocktail is a blend of heat and refreshing tropical fruits.
Ready for a sip?
The Spicy Sailor Drink Recipe
- 1oz. Spiced Rum
- .5oz freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 pinch of Cinnamon
- 3 sliced Jalapeno, deseeded
- 2 ounces Pineapple Juice
- Garnish: Pineapple wedge and Jalapeno slice
Instructions: Muddle jalapeno slices in a shaker. Add rum, lime juice, cinnamon and pineapple juice. Shake and pour into a Rocks glass over fresh ice and add garnish. Raise glass toast.
As always, let me know what you think of this cocktail. It’s not overly hot, but just a nice touch of spice and sweet–just like the Caribbean islands we love.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page