Rum and the sea fit together like to two dancers locked in a sexy rhythm of movement. Is that too dramatic? Nah, we are Castaways, we love our smooth rum and blue blue waters.
Because rum and the sea fit together so well, I have teamed up with the Key West Express to send two cocktail enthusiasts to the Conch Republic on aboard one of their fast ferries. Getting to Key West really is half the fun when you fly across the Gulf waters on the Key West Express. It’s even better when the boat is serving the drink you created and you’re traveling for free!
The Key West Express Cocktail Contest
Put your mixologist hat on, because I want you to invent a new cocktail that relates to Key West or the Key West Express. Give it a clever name, list out the ingredients and tell me how to mix it. Is there a story behind your drink? I want to hear about that too!
Staff from the Key West Express and myself will pick 5 finalists. We will then conduct a taste test on Ft. Myers Beach and pick the winning cocktail. Oh, yes there will be pictures of the taste testing that we will proudly share. It’s tough work, but some body has to do it.
The winning cocktail creator will receive 2 free Key West Express tickets and will join me on a fantastic ferry trip to Key West. The winner will have their drink featured and advertised on the boat and I’ll be there to take pictures that will be posted on RumShopRyan and Key West Express social sites.
How to Enter
Place your newly created cocktail recipe below in the comment section or on the RumShopRyan Facebook page. Entries will be accepted for one week (June 24th-July 1st). The cocktail recipes will be compiled and 5 finalists will be chosen. A live taste test will be held and the winner announced on July 8th.
We would ideally like the winner to take the boat down to Key West sometime in the next two months. Though the tickets will be good till the end of the year, expiring December 20th.
Note: tickets have no cash value, non-transferable and employees of Key West Express or RumShopRyan are not able to participate.
Good luck everyone! I can’t wait to see what types of drink recipes you come up with. Be creative, relate it to Key West or the Key West Express and make it taste like paradise! Rum and the sea, it’s a perfect blend of happiness.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page