After one sip, your heart will be ablaze.
I was first introduced to this drink on paper, but what type of introduction is that. I needed a sip of what sounded like pure magic to this boat drink consumer.
It was my last day at the Westin Seven Mile Beach Resort on Grand Cayman. I had already flew across the neon blue water on a jet ski, sailed across the sound to Rum Point, swam with some kissable stingrays, and melted during a massage at the Westin’s spa–how could this trip get any better. A spectacular cocktail, that’s how.
Before I caught my flight, I met with Gabor, a master bartender at the Beach House Restaurant there at the Westin Resort. Gabor is a young Cayman Islands native that loves to use local ingredients and creativity to make some of the best cocktails on Grand Cayman.
Anyone can be creative with a bar full of ingredients, but when you take it a step further and begin to infuse your own liquors with local spices, that’s when you know you’re a talented bartender. And when I say spices I mean it. Gabor infused the local Gun Bay vodka with Scotch Bonnet peppers. If you don’t know what a Scotch Bonnet pepper is, Google it. Just reading about it is enough to make you cry and sweat.
Being that it’s a true product of the Cayman Islands, it could only be called one thing…Taste of Cayman.
Taste of Cayman Drink Recipe
- 2oz scotch bonnet infused Gun Bay vodka
- 1 1/2 oz mango puree
- 1 oz fresh local lime juice
- 1/2 oz cilantro infused simple syrup
- Dash of key lime bitters
Mixing Instructions: Shake well, serve it over ice. Raise glass and toast.
If you find yourself on Grand Cayman, venture to the Beach House Restaurant at the Westin Resort. Order the Taste of Cayman cocktail, then take a couple steps out the door and sink your toes into the powder-white sand of famous Seven Mile Beach. Your senses will thank you.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page